The primary responsibility of a Landscape Maintenance Leader/ Foreman is to safely lead in the field alongside team members to ensure all jobs are
completed according to the client’s specification and within budgets. They work closely with the Production Manager and the Account Manager to understand budgets, safety, and timely project completion.
- Must be capable of enforcing company policies with respect to integrity, quality and safety.
- Manages the attendance and appearance of the crew
- Responsible to attain the right equipment & details from the Production Manager/Account Manager for each job.
- Take the lead in changing off broken equipment (ex: tires, belts, and blades)
- Ensures company vehicle and equipment are clean and safely returned
- Must deliver any messages from the customers passed on to the Production/Account Managers.
- Complete inspections to vehicles and safety training with the crew members
- Understands and practices the best way to schedule or sequence work on the job site. This includes holding the employees responsible to complete the work in the allotted hours given.
- Connects with the customer on site to answer questions, solve problems and represents the Company.
- Evaluates and develops the skills and performance of the landscapers who work on your crew to provide training where necessary.
- Provides the right level of training and supervision so that we all work safely in all phases of the job to include using equipment properly and with all the personal protection equipment required. Maintains a clean, neat and safe job site as defined by Fieldstone.
- Notifies the mechanic of all equipment that needs attention by including a repair ticket.
- Manages the timesheets and submits to Production/Account Manager
- Performs disciplinary actions as required both verbally and in writing & submit to Human Resources
- Treats employees and customers in a polite, friendly and respectful manner.
- Mechanically inclined and willingness to receive mechanical certification
- Preferred knowledge of the landscaping industry and practical knowledge of landscaping equipment
- Knowledge of plant material and an understanding of the seasonality of the landscaping industry
- A self-starter with the ability to operate under strict deadlines and must also be capable of simultaneously supervising multiple projects, switching from one to the other without the need for reorientation
- Must have efficient communication with the Production/Account Managers and promote enhancement opportunities.
- Ged/High School Diploma is required
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- FNGLA-FCHP Certification required within one year of accepting position
- Must obtain the GI-BMP certification within 30 days of employment
- Must embrace the open book financial training of the company
- Must be a self-starter as well as a lead by example
- Embrace the roll of leader and trainer with crew members.
Fieldstone Landscape Services offers a competitive compensation package and a full group benefits plan including medical, dental, and PTO.