In Florida, sunny weather and warm temperatures create the ideal environment for gathering and hosting guests outside. Outdoor kitchens are the perfect way to upgrade your outdoor living space and take your parties to the next level. If you're considering installing an outdoor kitchen, there are a few things to think about when designing it.
First, you'll want to consider your climate before picking what materials to use for your outdoor kitchen, as some deteriorate quickly in the heat and humidity. Another thing to consider is what amenities you want to add to make it more convenient for your needs; some common ones include sinks, fridges, coolers, smokers, and grills. Finally, you'll want to consider installing outdoor lighting so you can use your outdoor kitchen at night, too. Continue reading to learn more about why you should consider these three things when designing your outdoor kitchen!
1. Consider the climate in your region when picking materials for your outdoor kitchen.
When designing your outdoor kitchen, you'll want to consider the climate in your region before picking the materials. This is especially true for areas in Florida near large bodies of water, as salty air can break down cabinetry and intense heat can crack many materials. To ensure your outdoor kitchen lasts for many years, you'll want to research which materials can best withstand the weather and climate in your area.
2. Consider the amenities you want to add to your outdoor kitchen.
There is nothing more exciting than equipping your outdoor kitchen with convenient, sleek amenities to make it functional for your needs. Fortunately, there's a nearly endless list of various amenities you can add, some of them being the following:
- Sink: An outdoor sink allows you to swiftly clean your plates, hands, and other utensils when cooking outside.
- Refrigerator: A refrigerator provides easy, convenient access to food, ingredients, and drinks when cooking in your outdoor kitchen.
- Oven/Stove: Grills are a very common amenity to add to an outdoor kitchen, but have you thought about adding an oven and/or a stove? Depending on the meals you're planning on cooking in your outdoor kitchen, it might be very convenient for you to have these nearby.
- Smoker: A smoker is a unique, interactive amenity that lets you cook flavorful, tasty meals in your outdoor kitchen.
- Cooler: A cooler for your outdoor kitchen can save you the trip indoors to grab ice-cold drinks and beverages.
3. Consider whether you want to use your outdoor kitchen at night.
If you want to use your outdoor kitchen at night, you should consider installing outdoor lighting. Outdoor lighting will illuminate your kitchen so you can continue to use it even after the sun goes down. Talk about late-night snacks!
Outdoor lighting can also highlight the beauty of your outdoor kitchen and draw attention to some of your favorite features!
Call us today to schedule our outdoor kitchen installation service!
If you want to install a gorgeous outdoor kitchen, call us today at (727) 822-7866 to schedule our outdoor kitchen installation service. At Fieldstone Landscape Services, we install custom outdoor kitchens using highly durable materials that are equally stunning and durable to withstand the climate in our area. We can also add virtually any amenity to make it functional for your needs, from a sink and fridge to a smoker and much more. Our designers can help you design the perfect customized outdoor kitchen. We provide our service to commercial, residential, and HOA properties in Tampa, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, and nearby areas in Florida.